Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Salinas? Normally, you should consider three primary areas of your property for video protection: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. Although your installation team will be able to advise where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Safeguard Your Front Door
While you might find it unlikely that an intruder would try to just stroll through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions happen at this passageway. You can also count porch pirates among other threats to consider. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to handle all of these worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you are able to speak with all guests who come and engage the doorbell. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer each instance with 2-way talk and real-time footage and look like you’re home. When someone begins doing something nefarious, you are able to have your camera document the event on video and send it to your smartphone via a text notification.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging assignment. Thankfully, there are some useful recommendations to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- The corners of your Salinas home offer an impressive field-of-view, as you can see two sections of your exterior.
- Position underneath an eave or into a bit of cladding or edging are excellent options for security cameras as they will be somewhat concealed by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing entryway for burglars than you might believe!
- Overlooking a deck or back door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the sidewalk.
For each installation, be sure to trim away any brush and branches that could obscure your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions To Get The Most From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your property in Salinas. That same adaptability means you have more factors to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight from a window may cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct the lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a security camera positioned in a higher spot will provide a broader view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or affixed to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Set your indoor units in a spot where kids and your furry friends can’t mess with them. You could try mounting or another means to secure them to be certain they don’t fall if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top surveillance system will fail to be of much use if there is a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to conceal your security equipment. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (831) 205-7394 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.