There was a time not long ago when wired devices were your only solution when hooking up a home security system. Forget putting a video camera on a countertop or governing your components with a mobile device. With that being said, home security has changed dramatically over the years, due in large part to the emergence of wireless technology. You currently have a range of added benefits to enjoy -- like system access from anywhere, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and easy system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Salinas will safeguard your home while adding convenience to your life.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
Above all else, wireless home security systems must have a stable internet and Wi-Fi connection to perform properly. If you have high-speed internet and a quality wireless router, you’re on the right path for wireless equipment.
If you’re concerned about an internet or power outage, search for security systems that have battery and cellular backups available to sustain the link to your monitoring specialists indefinitely.
In the event you live in an area without dependable internet or cellular coverage, a wired installation will probably be a wiser option. Or It could also benefit you from a monetary perspective to opt for a wired approach if you relocate to a residence that currently has wiring for security components connected.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Salinas will elevate your family’s protection, which is the main goal to begin with. On the other hand, if you like the chance of using the most current tech, review these benefits of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to everything in your residence from your lighting to your security cameras right from your mobile device with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view footage from cameras, turn on your lights, and even activate your alarm system in the event you forgot to do so. Whenever a security event takes place, you are able to have alerts sent directly to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with the countless wires, crumbling drywall, and lengthy installs. One of the greatest facets of wireless devices is that you can install them practically wherever you want and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you wish to add on sometime in the future with the latest equipment, bringing devices into your system is not complicated.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions a possibility with quick, two-way communications. Program your devices to perform a function in certain situations to boost your security and discourage home invasions. For instance, if your exterior video camera detects odd disturbances along your home’s perimeter, it may direct your interior lights to illuminate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Salinas
Although wireless home security systems in Salinas have shown to be reliable, it’s understandable if you have a few reservations about utilizing one. The following are some of the most frequent areas of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless components may stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart components will send you a notification whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors typically should be arranged within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT is able to supply range extenders for some packages to boost your flexibility.
- Similar to other computer networks, the risk of getting hacked persists. The good news is that you can do things to minimize the chance of this happening by using hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and selecting a router with a built-in firewall. In addition, you should only use security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Professionals
Would you like to take advantage of the current advancements in Salinas wireless home security? Contact us at (831) 205-7394 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will assist you in designing the right package for your home.