Security cameras can simply be used as a warning—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras are equipped with an array of tools all designed to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these additions enable you to have the most from video surveillance in Salinas.
How To Set Up Your Salinas Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
Mounting your home security cameras at the perfect points around your home is the best place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a good notion to set a camera near main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to enter through to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your porch, drive, and yards, garage, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front porch with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations within your interior that aren’t quite as vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, installing a camera in the room may hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you want a measure of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Component layout is only the beginning in utilizing the most from home security cameras in Salinas. The innovations listed below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant messages on your smart device anytime unusual movement is detected. You can also program cameras to start recording when movements are discovered which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your security cameras to film and back up clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: The majority of modern security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone via the device. Through your security app, you can make it seem you’re home or greet your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a lens can see, and allows for a more exhaustive look at any space. Opt for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and ignore traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Salinas is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your security system can go from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (831) 205-7394 or complete the form below to start customizing your security system today.